Inbound Marketing for the real estate sector is a basic guide to communicate what Inbound Marketing is and how real estate companies can benefit from the methodology.
An version of “Inbound Marketing Real Estate “, with complete infographics, can be obtained upon request.
For its correct implementation, the use of Inbound Marketing software and the professional advice of a marketing agency specialized in Inbound methodology is advised.
BUYERS AND SELLERS BEFORE THE REAL ESTATE PURCHASE PROCESS
A homebuyer for property for sale has different ways of getting informed about the home buying process .
Information on the real estate offer is available on the Internet, through various sources.
In addition, you can get information about factors that influence your purchase decision, such as
- housing price reports,
- Density of housing supply in your area,
- residence time of homes for sale,
- services offered by the area,
- security level,
- access to green areas,
As for the owner who wants to sell his home , he also has a lot of information to consider carrying out the process himself, with
- Recent data on the real estate market activity in your area,
- average prices of homes sold,
- average time for home sales,
- price and forecast trend,
- automatic property valuation tools,
- applications to create photo reports, videos and virtual tours,
- models of documents and contracts, …
The real estate agents have left the information point of homes for sale and for rent in the area, to become advisory companies that guide the consumer to their objective, offering security and commitment throughout the process.
The real estate agencies are no longer the only ones that have the information, but they are the specialists who know how to manage that information and make the appropriate decisions based on the needs and wishes of their clients.
In order for the consumer to end up trusting the management of the purchase of their new home in a real estate agency, it must have planned some real estate marketing actions , aimed at:
- to attract your attention,
- to maintain your interest with valuable information,
- to demonstrate the validity of their services and allow the agreement,
that is, to convert users in search of information in clients and even fans that recommend the real estate company in its circle of influence.
HOW IS THE BEHAVIOR OF ONLINE USERS?
The emergence of the Internet has transformed the way of seeking information and relating plot for sale in rawalpindi.
- The user does not conform to the characteristics of the product or service he needs; Look for reviews, opinions andindependent experiences of other users, about that product or service, but also about the company and / or the person offering the service
- In addition to the basic information of the properties, accurate, current and detailed information is demanded, such as a comparison of the average price per square meter of the property with respect to similar ones in the same area, the services of the area, the estimation of the cost of the reform, the preview of the rooms with a virtual decoration,….
- Users look on social networks what the company or the professional does, how is its reputation, the relationship with other consumers and customers.
- Use specific tools that help you better understand each phase of the process.
- You do not want to be left out and prefer to participate in the evolution of your management, asking the company to accompany you, transparency and commitment.
THE REAL ESTATE AGENCY IN THE HOUSING SEARCH PROCESS
According to NAR data, in their study on Generational Trends of Buyers and Sellers (2020), real estate agents continue to be a fundamental part of the home search process, constituting the second most used source of information for homebuyers.
The duration of the home search process is different depending on the age of the buyers. The usual range is 11 to 27 months, considering all the stages, from the one in which the consumer is just evaluating the possibility of buying or selling a home. At that time, you can also influence the consumer, it is not necessary to wait for an active search to begin.
The age range of 37 to 51 years (Generation X) is the one that spends the most time, 12 weeks, the average being 10 weeks. On average for all generations, the number of homes visited in a year is 10.
Younger generations, found acquired housing, mostly through the Internet. 90% used the internet for their initial information searches, to buy or sell housing. Conversely, older generations usually found housing through a real estate agent.
There are also generational changes in the way of facing home visits, consulting the specialist and analyzing the process financially.
INBOUND MARKETING IN REAL ESTATE MARKETING
Of the 4Ps of traditional marketing, the one that has most visibly changed, is the P of traditional advertising.
Where “push” ads were previously made in the press, radio, television, now it has become an inbound communication form , in which, before selling, the company educates the consumer, guides it in its purchase decision and leaves It is the client himself who chooses when to contact, consult and hire.
The main tool remains the real estate website , as the center of the real estate online activity, where it offers information and customer service.
In this way, relationships are generated and the brand identity is reinforced , previous steps necessary to become referents for our potential audience.
The Inbound methodology is very effective in Real Estate Marketing, since the buying and selling process is long and the value of a property is high, which requires great responsibility, demonstration of the value of the services offered and the ability to close agreements.
The strategy in Inbound Marketing focuses on attracting, converting, closing and delighting your audience.
DEVELOPMENT OF AN INBOUND MARKETING STRATEGY
1. IDENTIFY BUYER PEOPLE
The buyer person is the prototype of the target customer; To define that representation of a group of objective clients, we must answer these questions:
- What are you looking for?
- What do you need (or do you think you need?)
- What are your doubts, fears, blockages?
- What objections do you manifest?
- What time of the buying and selling phase is it?
Know what type of housing you are looking for, what are the main reasons why you want to buy or sell, your geographical location, age, sex, family situation, economic situation (level of savings, borrowing capacity), where you have searched for information, in who trusts, what aspects cause him fear and what are the ideals, help us connect with that person, in the right place and at the right time, with the most relevant content and the optimal sale proposal.
That recreation of your target client , with its sociodemographic information, behavior patterns, motivations and objectives, is what the Inbound marketing strategy is mounted on.
2. GENERATE A CONTENT PLAN
For an advisory service, such as real estate, it is necessary to have the answers to any user question, in each phase of the buying and selling process.
Once the buyer person is defined, it is easier to create the information that responds to all your concerns, in addition to offering you added value information that has not yet been questioned.
The content planning allows us to create a calendar, assigning each target relevant information in the right place at the propitious moment, resulting in an action of the user:
- offer your contact information,
- download a guide for home buyers or sellers,
- request a visit,
- request a financial study or
- An interview for the signature of the shared exclusive contract.
3. OPTIMIZATION AND DISSEMINATION OF CONTENT
Having a real estate website or a real estate blog is essential to incorporate the generated content, organize them and provide them with the identity of your corporate and / or personal brand.
In addition to SEO techniques, which allow the correct indexing and dissemination of content in search engines, SEM and SMM techniques can be applied, so that the content, initially hosted on own media such as the web and the blog, is distributed segmented to users in :
- search engine pages,
- content web pages,
- social media profiles,
- discussion groups and forums,
- multimedia content, …
4. SALES FUNNEL MANAGEMENT.
The user who has first arrived at a real estate website is in a higher place of the sales funnel or funnel. The fact that it has arrived through a link in a real estate portal, an advertisement or an organic search engine, qualifies the user differently, positioning it in a different place from the funnel.
That the same user returns to the web, consult one or several properties, ask to download a guide or directly call to arrange a visit with an agent, in the office or the home of your interest, makes your position in the funnel vary and, therefore, the actions and the contents that we must execute and show.
According to Market Leader studies *:
- 90% of users perform an online search during the home purchase process.
- 85% carried out an online investigation by visiting the real estate website.
- 75% register on a website to receive alerts about the properties in which they may be interested.
THE PURCHASE PROCESS IN REAL ESTATE INBOUND MARKETING
Understanding how the life cycle of the real estate sales process is, allows us to better understand the client and positively influence each of the phases through which it goes through.
The buying and selling process is divided into 4 phases:
The consumer considers the possibility of buying or selling, has not decided but consciously or unconsciously, seeks information, for the moment.
Because it is an important economic investment or divestment, buyers and owners take their time in this phase of approximately one year, since it is essential to know in depth the supply and demand existing in the market, the trend, the forecasts and the problems that can be found.
For this, it uses all the sources that it can have, such as articles, reports, social networks, search engines, infographics, etc.
Companies must offer the content that captures the user’s attention and disseminate it where the target audience is looking for the information.
The usual issues that arise in this phase of considering the purchase or sale of real estate:
- Is it a good time to buy / sell?
- What type of housing do I want to buy?
- What type of buyer should I go to sell?
- Which areas is the most appropriate?
- How far do I want to have the school / work / gym / health center …?
These considerations have a long maturation process; forward the answers, so that they find them when they have that need, is a point in favor of the real estate, when the time comes when the consumer decides to consult with an agency.
It is possible that even the consumer does not consider buying or selling, but there are signs that help to discover it: a new job in a different place than the usual residence, a change of partner, a public exhibition in networks of an uncomfortable situation in your current home.
It is not easy to detect people at that time, but achieving it means exponentially increasing the chances that those people will be a future lead.
2. ACTIVE SEARCH FOR INFORMATION
The user has already considered the option to buy or sell, has started the process and now looks for detailed information, to analyze it before making a decision.
You have already decided where you are interested in buying, the type of housing, you have seen similar housing prices.
Now you need more specific data, such as:
- what properties are available,
- if you can afford to buy the homes you like in that environment,
- what financing options do you have available,
- how is the neighborhood and the services of the area.
It may take 6 months from the start of this active search until they decide to take the next step and contact a real estate agent.
They know that they need knowledge and experience that they do not have, but it is not yet time to commit to a real estate professional.
They may have already reached the real estate website, read an article on how to buy or sell in the area, or even subscribed to receive alerts for new homes.
People are more comfortable browsing a website of an agency, where they can see the consultants who work in it, than in a portal where properties from various sources are gathered.
It is the moment in which the real estate company must increase its online presence, to be reached in any of the searches made by users, whether they are real estate portals, search engine queries, questions in forums, request for recommendations in social networks.
Generating content that satisfies your clients, in an educational and informative way, will facilitate its positioning in search engines.
Here, as in other phases, keywords are fundamental; its delimitation and prioritization, allows the content to be more in line with what was consulted by users.
Once the fear of contacting a professional has been overcome, new doubts arise that the consumer needs to clarify:
What position does the agent have in the real estate pakistan market?
- How many homes have you managed lately?
- Do you know in detail the real estate market in the area that interests me?
- What recommendations do you offer for my budget and my goals?
- How can you speed up the process?
What matters most to buyers and sellers, in a real estate professional is:
- your honesty and ability to build trust,
– knowledge of the area,
At this moment, what is needed is to be available to respond quickly to the questions, offer answers with criteria, based on experience, qualification and information.
Being a sale in which the buyer makes a large investment, we must make available all the necessary information and make the process as easy as possible.
The customer is willing to buy or sell, feels ignorance about the remaining part of the process, is afraid to think that it may not be a good business.
The information that is necessary to have prepared, corresponds to the answers to these needs that the client has in mind:
- What are the milestones in the buying and selling process?
- How will you negotiate with the other party?
- How are you going to be the home inspection? And obtaining the energy certificate?
- How to improve my position in front of other buyers / sellers?
- What happens if there is an inappropriate clause in the sales contract?
- When will the process last?
- When can I move? When can I receive the money for the sale?
It is time to deploy the experience, know how to guide the client during the process, provide resources to which he does not have scope, reassure through recommendations of previous clients, focus on the objectives of the client.
In the case of the owner, it helps a lot to perform the professional valuation of your home, teach you the marketing plan to reach qualified buyers, the process of selecting those buyers and clarify legal terms and doubts about procedures, documentation and contracts.
If this phase has been carried out properly and the user experience has been positive, the next phase is on track:
If in the previous three steps the client has felt protagonist, care and ‘special’ it is very likely that he becomes a fan of real estate and wants to share his experience in social networks, which improves the reputation.
The customer experience is born from the first interaction and is strengthened with the actions carried out during the process, until the conversion and beyond, because it is convenient to maintain contact, to get referrals constantly.
In addition to ensuring customer loyalty for your next sale, in 10 or 15 years, we need to do the following, to recommend us:
- use automation tools to keep in touch,
- send summaries of the market and the value of your home,
- greet on social networks,
- send some physical detail (greeting card, chocolates, flowers,…
- Ask for recommendations.
This final point is important, because many satisfied customers do not know or remember how to generate a recommendation .
There are many ways of recommendation, it offers the easiest and most comfortable for each client.
Engage consumers during the buying and selling process, not only at closing
Seduce and attract the client by offering all the information you need is key in any Inbound Marketing process.
THE CONTENT IN REAL ESTATE INBOUND MARKETING
Depending on the priority target for each company, the content to be prepared is different.
A real estate agency that is on the same street as another, may need completely different content from its competitors.
There is no prototype content for any real estate.
- The type of customer you are targeting,
- the type of preferential property that works with owners,
- the area where you have influence,
- the capacity and resources to generate content,
- the use of technological tools
- specialized advice or lack thereof, ..
Everything influences to determine the content that can and should generate the real estate.
Some basic content types for Inbound Marketing applied to the real estate sector:
- Customer experience or real success stories, similar to those of the client we are working with.
- Guides about the city and its neighborhoods.
- Tips for selling or buying in an area.
- Questionnaires to collect detailed preferences.
- Photo reports, videos, virtual tours, real or virtual home staging, simulated decoration in augmented reality,….
- Financial simulation of the purchase or sale of the home.
Technological changes play a decisive role in the Real Estate sector. Without neglecting the humane treatment of real estate agents, implementing Inbound Marketing strategies will help you adapt to the new trends in the real estate market.
The keys to making the most of digital marketing applied to the real estate sector and those strategies that affect when applying inbound marketing to the Real Estate sector:
SEGMENTATION IN EACH PHASE OF THE REAL ESTATE PURCHASE PROCESS
In addition to capturing the attention of buyers and owners, it aims to build a good reputation, a recognition as the real estate expert in the area.
To achieve this, it is necessary to segment the audience by:
- demographic criteria (age, sex, parental status, location),
- affinity grouping, common interests
- access to related content
DIFFERENTIATE YOURSELF FROM OTHER COMPETITORS
To influence the consideration and demonstrate that unique services and proposals are offered different from those of similar companies, target segmentation goes through:
- Define custom audiences by affinity,
- select keywords,
- Develop topics of interest to people in the purchase process.
INCREASE SALES OR CLOSURES
To direct the consumer towards capital smart city actions that result in conversion:
- similar audiences,
- general and product remarketing.
Original images, data and graphics: Hubspot , Market Leader , Google Courses, NAR Research,
An online marketing agency, specialized in Inbound Marketing and Real Estate Marketing, can offer you:
- Advice on the digital marketing strategy for your real estate
- Consider the best option among the different technological tools
- Implement the tool, train users and integrate it with existing tools (Web, Blog, CRM, email marketing, SEM, …)
- Definition of buyer people and selection of the most relevan
- Automated workflow creation
- Development of relevant content, through blog, web, landing pages, CTAs, forms, actions in social networks, emailing.
- Content calendar to show the user, in the appropriate context ( micro-moments )
- Dissemination of content and conversation monitoring
- Reports of achievement of objectives, ROI, dashboards.
ONLINE REAL ESTATE MARKETING PLANS
We have prepared different marketing plans in one year, with different scopes, depending on the needs of each company.
From 200 euros / month, you can have a 100% marketing strategy aimed at your target audience.
See Digital Real Estate marketing plans , based on Inbound Marketing methodology.